[WikiEN-l] WP:OFFICE actions

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sat Jan 20 18:15:18 UTC 2007

Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:
> And where an external source (in this case Bear's Guide) says that two
> institutions are run by the same people out of the same address, and
> no known sources say otherwise, but the subject insists they are
> different, how do we go about validating that?  It's all very well for
> them to say they are different, but surely that gets {{fact}}?

One way of at least limiting damage to our accuracy and credibility is
to explicitly mark such pages as being incomplete due to legal threats.
If Pacific Western University's lawyers prohibit us from writing the
sort of complete, neutral, verifiable article that we otherwise would
have done, then we have a duty to warn our readers of that fact before
they read our article.

-Mark