[WikiEN-l] WP:OFFICE actions

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 14:33:02 UTC 2007

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Western_University was office
> protected.  Editors had gathered some well-cited material, Jimbo said
> go ahead and rewrite, so we did.  It got hacked back again.  I don't
> have a problem with this, as Brad has now old us what the concern was,
> and we can work with that.  I do have a problem with a couple of
> elements of process:

The most important thing is for us to be told what the complaint was
so we can fix it. All that would take is a quick message from Danny on
the talk page - surely he can make time for that?

> And where an external source (in this case Bear's Guide) says that two
> institutions are run by the same people out of the same address, and
> no known sources say otherwise, but the subject insists they are
> different, how do we go about validating that?  It's all very well for
> them to say they are different, but surely that gets {{fact}}?

If there is a reliable source stating the information, and it's
properly referenced, any complaint should be responded to with a
simple "Sorry you feel this way, but we have reliable sources for the
information in the article. If you believe our sources are mistaken,
please provide alternative sources. Thank you." - there is no need for
any office protection in such a case.