[WikiEN-l] Reliable sources

Ilmari Karonen nospam at vyznev.net
Thu Jan 18 06:51:55 UTC 2007

geni wrote:

> If I wrote an article about say cyanobiphenyls I would not view it as
> an unreasonable request to be asked to produce sources showing that
> they notable.

I don't think I've ever heard of an article about a chemical compound
being deleted as non-notable, and I don't expect I ever will.  Yes,
there are bazillions of organic compounds, but they really are all
encyclopedic, if only someone takes the time to write something about them.

I suppose the exception to that would be compounds that no-one has ever
written anything at all about, however briefly or speculatively, in any
academic source.  But for such articles, a better reason for deletion
would be that they must then, necessarily, be original research.

--
Ilmari Karonen