[WikiEN-l] Troubling news on Citizendium

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 02:40:02 UTC 2007

On 1/16/07, Nina Stratton <ninaeliza at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a 40 (almost) year old black woman who dropped out of high school and
> never finished college. I'm also fundamentally opposed to "experts" running
> anything I have to do with. I can read, I can write, and I can learn. That's
> all I need and all I will ever need.
>
> I wish Citizendium well, but this latest bit of news comes as no surprise.
> We'll hear more.
>
> Nina

This is one of the hard problems - having "experts" tell us not to be
interested in a topic is really bad policy, but sometimes "how do we
organize this information" is a much harder problem, often requiring
professional help.

It seems like this was just an argument over organization or taxonomy,
not content.  But I haven't seen good detailed info on it yet...

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com