[WikiEN-l] Troubling news on Citizendium

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 19:58:16 UTC 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 2:39 PM, geni wrote:

> I doubt it. To me it loks like one person went looking for a fight and
> managed to find one. I still think "wait and see" is the best aproach
> to Citizendium.

The decision in question is without a doubt a bad one that
fundamentally de-emphasizes major academic disciplines in favor of an
underinformed view that has no place in a project supposedly devoted
to experts.

It points to a fundamental flaw in Citizendium, and one that wouldn't
surprise anyone who saw Larry's name attached to it - it's an
encyclopedia that favors experts that's run by someone with a view of
the academy that is wildly out of step with current senses of what
mainstream academic thought is.

Not that Citizendium is a bad idea. Just that Larry Sanger is the
wrong person to run it.

-Phil