[WikiEN-l] Troubling news on Citizendium

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 19:39:28 UTC 2007

On 1/16/07, Sage Ross <ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Last week a Citizendium participant sent out this message on h-afro-am:
>
> >http://h-net.msu.edu/cgi-bin/logbrowse.pl?trx=vx&list=h-afro-am&month=0701&week=b&msg=JIarw4S/UalprGLZ2cp5NA&user=&pw=

Oh is she still sending that out? It surfaced back in december on her blog:

http://www.freshmonsters.com/kalital/archives/2006/11/racism_and_sexism_at_citizendi.shtml

> I'm interested to know the reactions of the Wikipedians on this list
> who've been participating in Citizendium.

I've been watching it (and sort of trying to stop them from adopting
NC lisences but I'm not to concernded).

> This persistence of this
> kind of thing, especially entrenched at the policy level, would
> probably spell the doom of Citizendium's long-term prospects (which
> would be unfortunate in my view).

I doubt it. To me it loks like one person went looking for a fight and
managed to find one. I still think "wait and see" is the best aproach
to Citizendium.

--
geni