[WikiEN-l] incivility.

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 16 10:27:44 UTC 2007

--- Christopher Thieme <cdthieme at gmail.com> wrote:
> Making mountains out of molehills, and raising tempests in a teapot.

Such as escalating your annoyance about an off-list message back onto the list?

> People... need to lighten up and lower their defensive walls, because often,
> they're the cause of their own problems.

This is sometimes true. It is also sometimes true that people need to be more
careful with how they express themselves to avoid giving offence to others. In
many cases, both are true. Wikipedians have such diverse backgrounds that we
need to make allowances in both directions.

> > P.S. Your emails are breaking mailing list threads in Gmail.
>
> I don't even begin to know what that means, and as a result I'm inclined to
> not really care.

You should probably care: your emails break the sequence connecting a reply to
the original message, and not just in Gmail by the looks of things. Each of
your emails appears to be the start of a new thread, rather than being a reply
to an old one.

-- Matt

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Matt_Crypto
Blog: http://cipher-text.blogspot.com