[WikiEN-l] incivility.

Christopher Thieme cdthieme at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 08:38:55 UTC 2007

Mark:

The biggest problem with Wikipedia is people take themselves far too
seriously, they can't lighten up, and when a minor slight causes them to run
to "WP:CIVIL" or "WP:NPA" like a wounded virgin yelling as if she were the
raped Lucretia.

...and *that* really pisses people off.

And taking the self-righteous posturing of "oh, this is just a friendly
reminder to abide by WP:CIVIL" is often unfriendly, condescending, and above
all, counter-productive.  Making mountains out of molehills, and raising
tempests in a teapot.  People, and sorry to say, you're one of them...really
need to lighten up and lower their defensive walls, because often, they're
the cause of their own problems.

After all, they say the path to hell is paved with good intentions.

> P.S. Your emails are breaking mailing list threads in Gmail.

I don't even begin to know what that means, and as a result I'm inclined to
not really care.

Regards,
Christopher D. Thieme