[WikiEN-l] Incivility, re: psychosis

Christopher Thieme cdthieme at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 20:06:09 UTC 2007

I just got admonished by "Mark" for being "uncivil" on this list with regard
to a comment I made in my initial message on "Moving the Main Page."

I don't think I was.  At least, from how I read the strict construction of
the policy, I didn't say anything ruled to be incivility by the dictates
of WP:CIVIL.

And going back to my post on what psychosis might be hidden in some of
users, I forgot one of the biggest problems underneath the surface of
Wikipedia...

We have too many humorless people.

Humorless people who enforce WP:CIVIL thinking that something benign
and rhetorical and not even mentioned in WP:CIVIL is "incivility."

And those who don't realize that it's incivility to admonish others
for acting with "incivility."

Here's probably the only circumstance where I'll state that WP:DICK
and WP:FUCK are not a cop-out.

Regards,
Christopher D. Thieme

P.S. I know I'm not alone in saying that I have considered leaving Wikipedia
on several occasions not because of incivility or personal attacks, but
because there are people who can't and refuse to take an obvious joke.  The
humorless people will ruin Wikipedia before those who aren't prim, proper
and civil.