[WikiEN-l] Rampant deletionism

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 08:22:18 UTC 2007

On 1/15/07, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> The right time for an article is when the object reaches notability
> and is no longer a crystal-ball projection.  These ships, on order,
> with plans agreed to between the builder and Carnival, are no longer
> crystal ball projections, and are clearly big enough to be notable.

It's also nice to have enough material to constitute a reasonable
article, in the absence of which it's probably the right time for a
merge and redirect.

> If we take the flip side of this, we have large articles for the
> [[Airbus A380]] and [[Boeing 787]] jets, and the [[Airbus A350]]...

Those three things also have names, which I think is a pretty useful
detail for an article to have. Readers looking for information on this
subject are much more likely to find it if we put it at [[Carnival
Cruise Lines]] than if we put it at [[Un-Named Carnival Ship]].

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com