[WikiEN-l] Moving the Main Page (sic)

Royalguard11 royalguard11 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 19:42:13 UTC 2007

On 1/13/07, Christopher Thieme <cdthieme at gmail.com> wrote:
> I love how the Main Page is listed as "Main page" on the left-hand-side
> navigation bar.
>
> Also, anyone who claims repairing the links to Main Page would be insane and
> take years, could probably just send out a bot to do it in a matter of a few
> days (at most).  It's such a specious b.s. claim, that whoever said it first
> and those who perpetuate such b.s., in the words of Garfield, "should be
> dragged out in the street and shot."
>
> Regards,
> Christopher D. Thieme

I don't think the process wonks are getting the idea. Moving the page
for the sake of moving it is not a good reason. Especially some of the
semi-stupid proposals, like "putting" the main page at
http://en.wikipedia.org (which Brion said is not possible). In this
case, IAR and let it stay. Trying to enforse the "rules" on the main
page is nothing short of distruption to make a point (WP:POINT).

--
-Royalguard11