[WikiEN-l] Moving the Main Page (sic)

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 13:46:58 UTC 2007

On 14/01/07, Christopher Thieme <cdthieme at gmail.com> wrote:
> I love how the Main Page is listed as "Main page" on the left-hand-side
> navigation bar.
>
> Also, anyone who claims repairing the links to Main Page would be insane and
> take years, could probably just send out a bot to do it in a matter of a few
> days (at most).  It's such a specious b.s. claim, that whoever said it first
> and those who perpetuate such b.s., in the words of Garfield, "should be
> dragged out in the street and shot."

Sure, we can correct all the internal links in a snap, even just with
doing it by hand. Correcting all the internal links from elsewhere on
Foundation projects... maybe a day to hunt them all down.

But we can't do a damn thing about the millions of external links
inbound to our site. We can't do a thing about the thousands of
*printed* references to that URL. These are the ones we need to worry
about, not the internal ones...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk