[WikiEN-l] CSD A7 and software programs

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 16:49:36 UTC 2007

> It has nothing to do with "Wikilawyering."  CSD A7 does not allow for
> speedying of software, and to do so is abusing the CSD criteria.

So use your choice of [[WP:SNOW]], [[WP:IAR]],
[[WP:TRUST_ADMINS_TO_KNOW_WHAT_THEY'RE_DOING_AND_LET_THEM_GET_ON_WITH_IT]]...

Generally when I speedy something I don't specify a particular CSD
criterion, I just say why I'm deleting it (comes under the "make
delete summaries understandable by non-wikipedians" instruction). The
person reading it can make it fit whatever criterion they like - I
know it should be deleted and is completely uncontroversial, so I
delete it. Call it playing by the spirit of the rules rather than the
rules themselves, if you like.