[WikiEN-l] CSD A7 and software programs

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Sun Jan 14 15:17:42 UTC 2007

On 1/14/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 08:34:54 -0500, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org>
> wrote:
>
> >Are software programs potential candidates for speedy deletion under
> >CSD A7?  The criterion states that potential candidates are a "real
> >person, group of people, band, club, company, or web content", which
> >doesn't explicitly include software programs.
>
> Depends if you're Wikilawyering or not.  A blatantly non-notable
> SourceForge project may well be speedied under A7 (or G11) rather than
> waste everybody's time with a longer process.

What makes a software program "blatantly non-notable"?  The one I have
in mind is not a SourceForge project.  To give an example, what about
[[RoboGEO]]?

> >What must an article about a software program do to "assert the
> >importance or significance of its subject"?
>
> See [[WP:SOFTWARE]]

Are you saying you agree with that proposed guideline?  It doesn't
seem like many software programs fall under it.  If I pick a random
software program from download.com, should it probably be in, or
probably be out?

Anthony