[WikiEN-l] editorial oversight, re: afd, fac, etc.

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sat Jan 13 15:22:37 UTC 2007

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 15:12:54 +0000, "Fred Bauder"
<fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:

>That is not a viable solution. We need to solve our problems, not push
>good people off to another project. AfD is broken. Maybe we could
>split AfD up into areas. That way it would not be the unwieldy monster
>it is and those of us with some expertise could stand to have it on
>our watchlists and show up.

It already is split up.  That's what the categories added late last
year are for.

As to it being broken, it rather depends.  A lot of the time it makes
the right decision.  Sometimes it gets it wrong, but then, who
doesn't?

I made a suggestion recently, that we put new entries at the top to
reduce the tendency of the last in the list to be seen only by one or
two people.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk