[WikiEN-l] psychosis and wikipedia.

Christopher Thieme cdthieme at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 05:43:31 UTC 2007

I'd love to see some psychology-oriented individual do a case study on what
kind of people are attracted to editing on Wikipedia.  What psychological
defects lurk behind the computer screens and the keyboards.  Why do I ask?
Because in the last month (including right now), I've gotten in spats, edit
wars, content disputes, with people who would be poster children for
narcissitic personality disorder and one of several temporal lobe disorders,
respectively.

Something like that would probably explain a lot about the bitterness,
control issues, the incessant desire to be "right", etc. that some people
have when approaching the subject of editing.

Just a crazy idea. (no pun intended).

Regards,
Christopher D. Thieme