[WikiEN-l] [Wikipedia-l] Entries for deletion.... issues from the Third World

Royalguard11 royalguard11 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 18:39:47 UTC 2007

> I notice it was marked "using NPWatcher" - has anyone experience of
> using this program? I've noticed it a bit recently, and it seems to be
> very heavily used for fast automation of tagging, deletion, etc. Which
> is fair enough, so long as only one person involved is doing it -
> because the speedy deletion process on enwp has two pairs of eyes
> involved, there'll in theory be a second person along to read it over
> before deletion and decide if the tag is in order or not.

NPWatcher is a newer VP-like program designed by User:Martinp23 to aid
in new page patrolling. It's for .NET again, so it leaves us
non-windows people out again, but from what I've seen it can be used
to tag a new page with a CSD tag (like {{db-nonsense}}) and leave a
warning on the persons talk page not to make silly articles like that.
It can also be used by admins to help clear backlogs, such as CAT:CSD
by deleting pages (believe me, it really helps). As an admin, I know
that I check pages that are marked for speedy deletion before deleting
them, with some being more obvious than others. It's almost always
backlogged though, so it would be appreciated it editors would make
sure they are sure when tagging articles, and don't make it any more
bureaucratic. Sometimes you just need to let us do our jobs.

-User:Royalguard11