[WikiEN-l] The present tense

Ilmari Karonen nospam at vyznev.net
Sat Jan 6 14:19:59 UTC 2007

theProject wrote:

> I brought this up on the list because I'm thinking something along the lines
> of a template much like {{fact}} or {{cn}}. You know, "blah blah blah blah
> blah [may become outdated]." This would be distinct from [update needed], in
> that this tag would pick on style, while [update needed] just picks on time.

If we must have Yet Another Template(TM), I'd be more inclined to make
it an explicit "[as of when?]".  In the cases where you already know, or
can easily determine, whether the information still is or when it last
was current, it's probably more useful and no more difficult to add the
"as of XXXX" part yourself than to stick a template on it.

--
Ilmari Karonen