[WikiEN-l] Forgive and forget

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 18:44:54 UTC 2007

> Let's say Person A often says certain sorts of things, which, to
> Person B, sound like personal attacks. Person B is offended and
> infuriated and begins a vendetta against Person A. Person A says, I'm
> sorry you took it that way; I didn't mean it like that. Person B has
> two choices: go around the wiki proclaiming that Person A is uncivil,
> never assumes good faith, and is racist; or forgive, forget, move on.

In that example, person B has apologised (for the misunderstanding,
rather than for doing something wrong, but it'll do), so the dispute
should be resolved at that point. If Person A isn't willing to accept
the apology, then they clearly just want to cause trouble, so telling
them to move on isn't likely to help.