[WikiEN-l] Thousands of *awful* articles on websites

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 4 14:05:32 UTC 2007

"The Cunctator" wrote

> My attitude is that people shouldn't get upset on someone else's
> behalf. It's fair to take umbrage if you're being insulted, but you
> don't need to jump into a discussion just to turn up the heat.

I think it is entirely fine to comment strongly on a lack of civility, as a third party. I believe that carries more weight.

I think that the comment under question has been read by some on this list as a declaration of open season on 'deletionists', with a unsubtle definition as those who read the WP policies on deletion as applying to WP.

Charles