[WikiEN-l] Deletionism

Bogdan Giusca liste at dapyx.com
Thu Jan 4 11:32:28 UTC 2007

Thursday, January 4, 2007, 1:22:49 PM, charles wrote:

> zero 0000 wrote

>> I agree 101%.  Deletionism seems to be a sort of mental disease.

> More radical incivility.

Actually, according to a New York Times article, incivility is
becoming one of the characteristic features of Web 2.0:

(I think this link was posted already on this list):

<<
As a Web 2.0 site or a blog becomes more popular, a growing percentage
of its reader contributions devolve into vitriol, backstabbing and
name-calling (not to mention Neanderthal spelling and grammar).

Participants address each other as "idiot" and "moron" (and worse)
the way correspondents of old might have used "sir" or "madam."

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/31/weekinreview/31pogue.html