[WikiEN-l] Ephemeral nature of web pages - a silly idea?

James Hare messedrocker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 21:09:42 UTC 2007

I have an idea.

How about, from now on, every time any of us uses a web source, we save the
page so that it'll be around in the future? Not necessarily making this a
policy, or a guideline, but a Really Good Idea.

Once it goes off the Internet, we will still have it for at least our own
use.

Or how about a Library of Congress-esque things for websites, where
identified websites are selectively archived so they can exist for eternity
(as opposed to Wayback Machine which seems to work as randomly picking
pages).