[WikiEN-l] Fwd: I have a problem with CheckUser as administered by JPGordon

Samuel L Bronkowitz countpointercount at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 21:32:09 UTC 2007

On 2/18/07, William Pietri <william at scissor.com> wrote:
Hi, Samuel. Good pseudonym choice, by the way; I loved that movie.

It's my favorite movie. Until I was falsely railroaded by your abusive
admins, my userpage had a reference to it.

People here do care a lot about systemic abuse.

They have a very "unique" way of showing it.

I think the problem you're running into is that a lot of people who end
> up on the unhappy end of some administrative action feel they are being
> abused, so we don't see a lot of correlation between accusations of
> abuse and actual abuse. That doesn't mean we don't care, but it does
> mean you probably won't get the instant and vigorous reaction you were
> hoping for.

So far, the reaction hasn't been just to me. Multiple users on your
administrators noticeboard have raised questions on this ongoing issue and
not one of them have received any sort of reply.

and all investigation or complaint, from FayssalF's making of comments
saying it is a "waste of time" to Asterion and others' premature "closing"
of threads, to bots and administrators alike deliberately "archiving"
threads to hide them, to bbatsell's nonsensical attack claiming that
complaints over the threads being prematurely archived and the behavior of
the admins are on the "wrong place" when filed to the administrator
noticeboard.

There has been NO reasonable response at all. Even on this list, instead of
a response, I'm seeing messages written to attack me.

Further, you sent a lot of long messages in a short span of time,
> without waiting for a reaction.

I had no idea it was a "moderated" list, because the moderation notices did
not arrive until well after I sent the final message. I did not feel that
filing an update to an ongoing situation was an abuse. I think it looks more
like complaints about this are simply reaching for one more excuse to try to
excuse systemic abuses or ignore that they are occurring.

When writing to a large mailing list,
> anything you send takes up a lot of human time. I'm sure you didn't mean
> to give this impression, but demanding that people pay attention to that
> kind of volume doesn't demonstrate much respect for their time. A better
> approach would be to write one short, clear email and then wait for
> somebody to ask you for more details.

Nobody has done so. On the administrators noticeboard, all they did was make
attack and falsehood repeatedly.

And lastly, your messages came across to me as strident and demanding,
> messages from somebody who felt slighted and upset.

I felt slighted and upset. Yes, I did. I was systematically abused by a
number of both users and administrators, and nothing was done, and the
response so far has looked more like a coverup than anything else.

I'm sorry you felt
> that way, but expressing that so strongly in your emails doesn't help
> your cause. The people here see a lot of drama, most of it unnecessary,
> and all of it wearying. There's also a negative correlation between the
> amount of strong negative emotion in a message and its utility. So in
> the future you're probably better off waiting until you cool down some.
>
> Does that help?

Has anything been done yet, at all? No? Then it doesn't help.