[WikiEN-l] There's a name for an all-out wheel war

Parker Peters parkerpeters1002 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 21:06:01 UTC 2007

On 2/16/07, Flame Viper <flameviper12 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> And the terrible thing about this is that nobody could stop it. Normally,
> when an edit war breaks out, a sysop is able to descend from the clouds and
> settle things. When there is an abusive editor, a sysop can rain holy
> thunder upon him.

They do that whenever they can come up with the slightest excuse, let alone
for "abusive editors."

One must consider that part of the problem of our crop of current abusive
administrators may be due to burnout and overstress, and your suggestions to
expand the admin pool have merit, but the fact remains that many of the
administrator tools are way too easy to abuse, and get abused on a regular
basis.

Adminship is a big deal, these days. Else so many of them wouldn't be so
dead-set on never having any review of their own actions.

Parker