[WikiEN-l] - category clutter on biographical articles

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 16:02:58 UTC 2007

On 2/12/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> on 2/12/07 10:29 AM, geni at geniice at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > An alternative approach might be to dig out that old idea of giving
> > wikiprojects more power and giving them the power of cat deletion in
> > their respective areas.
>
> Whatever it takes. At any rate, I think the entire Categorization System in
> WP needs reevaluated. It appears to have turned into whatever any individual
> thinks it should be.
>
> To be most effective, this undertaking would require a formal proposal with
> agreed upon goals, and a specific group of persons to take it on.
>
> Marc

The problem is that risks going the Citizendium rout and getting major
fallings out over which cat things should be in rather than say both.
See:

http://www.kalital.com/archives/2006/11/racism_and_sexism_at_citizendi.html

For the problem they ran into. Our current system appears to be fairly
good at avoiding that trap at least.

--
geni