[WikiEN-l] Google Knol: Move over Wikipedia?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Dec 20 22:49:41 UTC 2007

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu wrote:
> The relevant guidelines are WP:FICT and WP:EPISODE which are frankly
> being used
> to remove a tremendous amount of content. The sensible thing to do for all of
> this is to allow some minimum of inherited notability. But I doubt anyone is
> going to go for that. Almost every tv show on my watchlist is being wiped out.
> This isn't creating as much drama as the webcomics but it is far more
> pervasive.  Many of the Stargate editors have left simply in disgust and I
> suspect this is true for other series as well.
The majority of us are not interested enough in these comics or TV
series to become involved in the disputes.  We will happily refer to the
articles to give us background when an allusion arises elsewhere, but we
are not about to edit there when we have nothing to offer but our
ignorance.  And spending my time there to engage in dramatic battle with
others who are even more ignorant about the subject seems like an awful
waste of that time.

The silent majority (to use a familiar cliché) is content to let those
interested in comics and TV to go ahead and write about their favorite
subjects.  At least that means they are wasting somebody else's time.   ;-)

In my moments of despair, I go so far as to speculate that we may be
lacking good leadership.

Ec