[WikiEN-l] Actual data on spoiler warning uses by the public

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:54:15 UTC 2007

On 12/15/07, joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu <joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu> wrote:
> Maybe it is just me, but this seems like a pretty good argument for
> reinstating them, or at minimum undeleting the template and letting
> people use them where they judge to be more or less necessary.

You may wish to propose some sort of safeguard against the use of
spoiler warnings for special-effects blockbusters such as Titanic,
Speed, Speed 2, 300, Snakes on a Plane, The Passion of the Christ,
etc., etc. before allowing a "massive organic reversion" to occur.

> But one interesting thing seems clear; the public prefers spoiler
> warnings on Wikipedia and uses them.

Of course, if it's any consolation, if the right nitwit complains to
OTRS about the lack of spoiler warnings, you'll get your wish
overnight.

—C.W.