[WikiEN-l] One alternative

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 5 17:54:51 UTC 2007

Larry Sanger wrote:
> The notion of a *secret* body that actually has authority to determine
> cases is, needless to say, anathema in a project committed to the rule
> of law.

Seems pretty clear it's anathema on Wikipedia too, based on the general
reaction when this came to light. And the secret body in this case
didn't even have "authority" in any sort of official sense.

(This is of course assuming that you're drawing a distinction between
Wikipedia and Citizendium with that "committed to the rule of law" line
- Wikipedia does have some rather solid foundation policies under it
all, I'd hardly call it an anarchy.)

> By the way, I'm sorry to those who have been waiting, but I hope to
> announce our license before *too* much longer.  The announcement will be
> accompanied by a very long essay, which I haven't finished yet.  Please
> don't assume the license will be incompatible with Wikipedia's...there's
> a decent chance it will be compatible.

Frankly, it seems vaguely sleazy to me somehow to be soliciting
contributions when it still hasn't been decided what license they'll be
released under.