[WikiEN-l] When Websites Attack

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 13:56:56 UTC 2007

On 26/08/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:

> * And, finally (for now), a renewed attempt is being made to get
> Teresa Nielsen Hayden's blog, Making Light, declared to be an attack
> site (something that was tried, and failed the laugh test, a few
> months ago).  This time, it's alleged that the blog published
> antisemitic remarks against a Wikipedia editor, though I haven't been
> able to find a trace of this myself when I look at it.

It must be noted that Making Light isn't helping matters itself,
running an extended attack piece on SWATjester after he dared stop one
SF writer's attempt to use Wikipedia for self-publicity. The Nielsen
Haydens proceeded to encourage this. That they did so after the last
BADSITES kerfuffle beggars belief ...

- d.