[WikiEN-l] Hardblocking usernames

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 20:03:07 UTC 2007

Mental illness and other cognitive handicaps are usually irrelevant for
administrative purposes.  If an individual can operate within the realm of
site policies and standard practices, they're welcome onsite.  If they
persistently violate site standards then eventually they have to go.

On one occasion I did mention an editor's self-disclosed psychiatric
diagnosis when I proposed a siteban.  That was because the editor also
disclosed a related arrest history and the editor had developed a sexual
fixation on me.  Other exceptions also exist, but they're rare, and out of
consideration I'd prefer to keep them confidential.

-Durova