[WikiEN-l] Another conflict regarding linking to "attack sites"

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Wed Apr 25 21:30:00 UTC 2007

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Matthew Brown wrote:
> It's appropriate to cite our decision as supporting an interpretation
> of policy that generally allows for the removal of links to attack
> sites, however.

Of course.

The problem is people citing the decision as supporting an interpretation
that says "blindly remove all such links all the time regardless of any other
circumstances".  A policy of *generally* removing such links is fine; a policy
of removing them literally every single time is what the decision is being
taken to mean.