[WikiEN-l] Single incident 'biographies' - disallow??

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 08:04:35 UTC 2007

On 4/24/07, Andries Krugers Dagneaux <andrieskd at chello.nl> wrote:

> >If we don't have appropriate information for a biography, we shouldn't
> >have a biography.
> >
> >[..]
> >Doc
>
> Reliable sources state that no reliable biographical information is
> available for [[Sathya Sai Baba]] India's most famous living guru, but
> not to have an article about him would be very strange.
>
> Andries Krugers Dagneaux

Considering his article has about 150 footnotes, all of them citing reliable
sources, I think what you're saying is a bit disingenuous. The reliable
sources may say that there's no reliable information about him, but we can
reliably say that "so-and-so believes X about him, but Y says this is not
necessarily reliable".

Johnleemk