[WikiEN-l] RFCU security (was Ryulong blocked ALL accounts)

Info Control infodmz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:10:25 UTC 2007

On 4/20/07, Info Control <infodmz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/20/07, Tony Sidaway <tonysidaway at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I hope the checkusers have
> > investigated this affair for possible abusive socking).
>

> I hope that any checkusers abusing the privacy of their peers with
> undocumented, out of policy, out of bounds, and wrong  use of the tool would
> be hauled in front of ArbCom and/or desysopped/banned.

Just for the ediifcation of those who do not know, why is it there is no
public record of who ran what RFCU IP check? Shouldn't people be entitled to
know if their privacy was for possible undocumented searches exposed?

I ask as least *one* administrator is documented to have been active on
Wikitruth, and at least one former admin (Everyking) is a Wikipedia Review
editor. What recourse do users in good standing have to find out if their IP
information was viewed?