[WikiEN-l] Ryulong blocked ALL accounts

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 03:29:24 UTC 2007

On 4/19/07, Cascadia <cascadia at privatenoc.com> wrote:
> I appologize if I sound obtuse or overly confused... but when does "official
> Policy on the English Wikipedia" not be Wikipedia policy??

Written policy tends to lag actual practise.  More importantly here is
that, just like constitutional principles, when differing principles
overlap, the actual policy in-practice may not be exactly as described
in only one policy page.

In general, using multiple accounts is tolerated but not actually
wholly approved of *provided it does not disrupt*. It's at least being
argued that in this case it is being disruptive at least in the case
of some of the users doing it.

-Matt