[WikiEN-l] Ryulong blocked ALL accounts

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 01:57:34 UTC 2007

On 4/20/07, Cascadia <cascadia at privatenoc.com> wrote:

> Tony, again... you keep calling discussion, although a bit heated,
> "trolling".

I think that this kind of rabble-rousing injected into a discussion is
precisely that, and I think it's reasonable to assume that the people
or person who chose to use anonymous accounts to do that had the
intention of inflaming opinion against Jimbo Wales.

> I appologize if I sound obtuse or overly confused... but when does "official
> Policy on the English Wikipedia" not be Wikipedia policy??

I haven't said that "official policy on the English Wikipedia" isn't
Wikipedia policy.  If anything, I've asserted the reverse.   Written
policy tends to lag behind the curve.  There are several arbitration
committee cases in which this principle has featured.  Relying on
written policy as if it asserted "rights" and the like is usually
described as "wiki-lawyering", and is strongly discouraged.