[WikiEN-l] SEO conference on Wikipedia

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 18 16:40:03 UTC 2007

Info Control wrote:
>> This assumes Google Rank is a good thing for us. I would question this.
>>

> Why would you question it? It's part of the success of Wikipedia, whether
> people would *like* to concede or admit it.

Yawn. I considered WP successful four years ago, when only the
occasional article even made it onto the first page of Google results.
Higher Google rank means more spammers and scammers and vandals, and so
more unpleasant watchlist work for me. Now if Google had a ranking
system that made WP pages invisible to the under-100-IQs of the world,
I'd be all success of that sort. 1/2 :-)

Stan