[WikiEN-l] "Suicide methods" article

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:17:50 UTC 2007

> On 17/04/07, Stephen Bain <stephen.bain at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The recommended sizes for articles should not be governing our
> > decisions about what is the best way to present our content. We
> > wouldn't refrain from including a significant point of view in an
> > article just because the article was too long, to give an extreme
> > example.
>
> No, but an article over about 30KB is damn hard to read on a screen.
>
> The usual way this is dealt with is to split off subarticles, with a
> summary para left in the main article.

I am familiar with the summary style by now :)

However, it's still fundamentally a stylistic issue. It shouldn't be
subordinated to content issues. We specifically refrain from using the
summary style where doing so would create a POV fork, for example.

I must say I find it unusual that the only argument mustered against
merging so far is that it would make the article long.

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com