[WikiEN-l] Stupid DRV question

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 13:34:33 UTC 2007

> Why are "keep" closes reviewable on DRV? It seems kind of silly since
> if someone really wants an article deleted, he can AFD it again. (and
> again and again and again)

DRV serves a very different purpose than AFD. AFD is about articles,
DRV is about debates. You should be able to contribute to a DRV
without ever reading the article, you just need to read the AFD.
(Which is why we don't automatically undelete things for the length of
the DRV.) If you put something up for AfD and everyone says "keep",
and it's closed as keep, then if you still think it needs to be
deleted, you would have to go through AFD again. If everyone says
"delete" and it is closed as keep, then you should go through DRV.

We really should delete comments about the article from DRVs, they
aren't relevant. Too many people seem to think DRV is just another
AFD.