[WikiEN-l] I despair

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sun Apr 15 18:08:02 UTC 2007

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 13:46:29 -0400, Jeff Raymond
<jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com> wrote:

>> WP:BLP is potentially open to misuse by the supporters of
>> controversial public figures who wish to 'cleanse' the public record
>> of anything critical. There is a danger of a pile up at the
>> intersection of WP:BLP and WP:NPOV.

>That tends to happen when we rush out a policy to counter bad public
>relations.

That was not one of your better arguments.  WP:BLP says: poorly
sourced negative material about living individuals must be removed
expeditiously.  It is hard to believe we even had to write a policy to
say this: of COURSE poorly sourced negative material should be
aggressively removed!  Forget the law of defamation, what about
ordinary common decency?  Can *anybody* seriously dispute that intent?

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG