[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia privacy concerns

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 12:30:51 UTC 2007

On 4/14/07, Blu Aardvark <jewbowales at wikipedia-lol.cjb.net> wrote:

> Wikipedia currently has several pages which contain my real name, city
> of residence, and phone number (granted, I initially supplied these
> myself, but the point stands).

You should ask to have revisions containing personal information like
your phone number oversighted. Failing that, tell me where the
revisions are and I will delete them myself. It doesn't matter that
you supplied them initially, there is no reason for this kind of
personal information to be anywhere on Wikipedia if the person doesn't
want it there.

And yes, I mean in articles too. There's no reason for personal
information like phone numbers and street addresses to be included
anywhere on Wikipedia (unless someone chooses to put them there
themselves, and then only while they want it there).

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com