[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia privacy concerns

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Thu Apr 12 20:22:52 UTC 2007

Denny Colt wrote:

> Is this a good idea? Put up a warning for all new registrations that your
> privacy is not/cannot be guaranteed by Wikipedia? If there will be no
> policy
> to stop people from linking to sites/sources that DO engage in outing our
> identaties this may be required. If the press got hold of this...

For all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about common sense, if it's
going to help to spell the obvious out to people, then yes, it's a good
idea.  If people really think that editing a high profile website is a
good way to keep their anonyminity, I don't really know what to say to
that.  Certainly, I'm sure the Foundation isn't guaranteeing anything.

-Jeff

--
If you can read this, I'm not at home.