[WikiEN-l] When Unsourced Isn't That Bad

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:30:24 UTC 2007

On 4/10/07, Philip Sandifer <sandifer at english.ufl.edu> wrote:
> We need to stop trying to craft general solutions to all articles and
> start realizing that articles develop in different orders and on
> different paths. Solutions that fix a problem we're seeing in one

It's a hell of a lot easier to tell a newbie "every article must be
sourced" than anything more nuanced. And easier for them to
understand.

Which isn't to say that we couldn't operate different rules for
newbies than for established users. But I don't see how we can
suddenly start telling newbies that unsourced articles are ok, even if
it's only "sometimes ok".

Steve