[WikiEN-l] RfA reform

Sam Blacketer sam.blacketer at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 8 22:30:45 UTC 2007

On 4/8/07, Tariq Ab- Jo- Tu- <tariqabjotu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rehashing an idea I proposed awhile ago, how about a set of standards
> similar to those at [[Wikipedia:Featured article criteria]] (but
> [[Wikipedia:Administrator criteria]] instead)? If opposing comments are
> not relevant to specific points in the criteria, they can be ignored.
> Not a perfect system, but it might be better than the current system.

It might be an advance in helping to weed out which are the frivolous
oppose votes and which are not. However, there is the danger that this
will become a kind of "painting adminship by numbers" process in which
the candidate has to have 100 reports to AIV, 1 featured article,
spotted 20 copyright violations, etc. It would have to be, as you see
in person specifications in job adverts, which are necessary and which
are desirable attributes.

--
Sam Blacketer
London E15