[WikiEN-l] RfA reform

Sam Blacketer sam.blacketer at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 7 09:04:20 UTC 2007

On Sat Apr 7 00:05:44 UTC, Mets501 mets501wiki at gmail.com wrote:

> But the important thing is that not all admins do everything.  A user who
> has never reverted a single vandal can become an admin as much as a user who
> has never tagged an article for speedy deletion, or written a featured
> article.  This system would prevent that.

I think you have it the wrong way round.

Under the present system, an admin candidate who comes up on RfA
having not done any vandal fighting probably attracts a slew of oppose
!votes from people saying "has not demonstrated any need for the
tools". Under my proposal, there would be an opportunity for other
editors to say that the user had no experience of this aspect of
adminship, but it would be up to the closing bureaucrat to say whether
this lack of experience demonstrated unsuitability as a whole. I would
expect, if the candidate had good experience of other areas, that it
wouldn't pose a problem.

--
Sam Blacketer
London E15