[WikiEN-l] Suppression of links to 'attack sites'?

Denny Colt wikidenny at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 19:07:38 UTC 2007

On 4/7/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:

> Recently, [[User:DennyColt]] has created an essay article,
> [[WP:BADSITES]], that advocates banning all links to sites that are
> considered to be "attack sites". <snip>

Whatever microscopic benefit  can be (argued by some) to be gained by
linking to a hate site like Wikipedia Review is immediately outweighed by
the harm that place and similar pages create. They openly hunt for peoples'
identaties. They have active Jayjg and slimvirgin hunting threads, and for
others.

Do you support that? How about harassment of others like mongo, and katefan,
and phaedriel, and so on...?

I have asked multiple people, can you think of a single GOOD reason to link
to that site in particular, and got not one good answer, only strawmen
arguments about censorship and mccarthyism.

If you support inclusion of links to WR, shall we link to hivemind as well,
and the encyclopedia dramatica wiki?

--
- Denny