[WikiEN-l] let's be honest then

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Apr 5 20:37:49 UTC 2007

doc wrote:

>So wikipedia is doomed to keep having its sordid downside? We're doomed
>to always be fighting a losing battle against libels and lies? We're
>doomed to go on consoling victims with empty words? And there's nothing
>we can do about it? No way we can make the system even a little better?
>It isn't even worth the attempt?

This is excessively dramatic.  Over-the-top solutions are as much a
problem as what they are trying to cure.  They arouse the concern of
people who would never ever think of vandalizing or libelling, because
they see that the literal wording of the proposal could as easily work
against honest articles  as it does against the real problems.

Ec