[WikiEN-l] Proposal: improving quality on enwiki

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 02:37:56 UTC 2007

> Kirill Lokshin wrote:
>
> >But the key issue, I think, is simply this: prescriptive collaboration
> >models do not, as a general rule, work on Wikipedia.  The vast

> Prescriptive collaboration is an oxymoron.

This is a total load of bollocks. There is nothing remotely wrong with
prescribing guidelines for collaboration, with setting up frameworks
for colloboration or with specifying what the priorities for
collaborations are.

A WikiProject is a "prescriptive collaboration".
A "collaboration of the week" is by definition a prescripitive collaboration.
Even a backlog of maintenance tasks is effectively the same thing.

What's with all this baseless negativity towards a very workable,
useful suggestion?

Steve