[WikiEN-l] Proposal: improving quality on enwiki

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 17:17:43 UTC 2007

> Kirill Lokshin wrote:
>
> >But the key issue, I think, is simply this: prescriptive collaboration
> >models do not, as a general rule, work on Wikipedia.  The vast
> >majority of editors make content contributions on topics of their
> >choice; if they're told that they *must* work on article X, they'll
> >simply refuse.  This proposal, basically, assumes that there's a
> >supply of editors somewhere willing to do work (which happens to be
> >"not fun" in a major way) according to some central bureaucracy's
> >dictates; in my experience, there simply isn't such a supply
> >available.
> >
> Prescriptive collaboration is an oxymoron.

It depends on the level of prescription. This proposal never required
that an individual editor *must* work on any article or any groups of
articles. It attempted to match editors to areas of Wikipedia needing
work and contribute their time by fulfilling ticket requests.

This is not in any conflict with collaboration.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)