[WikiEN-l] Light entertainment

Rich Holton richholton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 04:59:02 UTC 2007

Steve Bennett wrote:
> On 3/30/07, Earle Martin <wikipedia at downlode.org> wrote:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_adminship/Earle_Martin_2
>
> To quote Charlie Brown, "AUGH!" I feel for you. "I see no need for the
> tools." is one of the worst reasons ever for voting. I keep
> considering requesting an admin bit, but I might hit the same hurdle.
> I occasionally "need the tools". I occasionally would like to rename a
> page in a non-trivial case, or to rename a category. I occasionally
> would like to edit a protected page. That's about it. I don't want to
> block anyone, or do some of the other things one gets "the tools" for.
> But who would support that platform?
>
> Steve

I would. It's the basis upon which I was given the bit (a few years back).

I haven't looked into your history, so I can't guarantee I'd vote for
you (there has to be some level of discernment). But assuming you're not
an obvious troublemaker, let me know when you run on such a platform,
and I'll show up and vote for you.

-Rich