[WikiEN-l] [Wikipedia-l] [[WP:100K]] - who here writes well in English and another language?

Peter Ansell ansell.peter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 02:11:14 UTC 2006

On 22/09/06, Akash Mehta <draicone at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are obviously some of us with excellent english and proofreading
> skills, so if we could set up a system where people run articles
> through online translators and rewrite the result into reasonable
> English it would work. Obviously this would involve reading through
> the whole thing, but it is possible. One thing I'm not too sure of -
> can we really copy FA text from a non-en:wp to en:wp and still comply
> with GFDL without stating every single contributor in the edit
> summary?

I do not see how the GFDL is in any way linked to a pages "edit
summaries" or "revision histories". It is more knowing who has
contributed in the long run, a history of which would be kept on the
non-en:wp page. It would be more than sufficient to reference that
page if someone found the need to trace the contribution history for a
page.

Peter Ansell